I mentioned in my Chic and Fit 2014 challenge update that I happen to own both the Lululemon ‘No Limits’ tank, as well as the Target version of the ‘No Limits’ tank. You may or may not have already heard about the ‘No Limits’ tank before, but let me tell ya…there is a lot of hype about it and it lives up to it all! So what’s the hype you ask?? Well…let me count the ways (or if you will, the pro’s and con’s):
1. PRO: It’s a bra and a tank top, all-in-one, without the bulk!
2. PRO: It’s got a great design and perfect for working out in warmer temps. Built-in ventilation, so to speak.
3. PRO: It’s slouchy, so it can sit at your waist, or be worn long so that it sits at your hips.
4. PRO: The support is amazing! I didn’t feel like I needed a second sports bra underneath.
So, what’s wrong with it?? Well, the price quite frankly. Lululemon takes $64 + tax of your hard earned dollars for each of these tanks!! While $64+ is not a completely outrageous price, it is on the higher side for a workout top. I was fortunate enough to receive this tank as a Christmas gift, but hesitated otherwise, whenever I considered purchasing one for myself.
Imagine my excitement when Target came out with their ‘No Limits’ tank dupe! I present you with the C9 by Champion, Women’s Layered Tank with Bra:
Now, after researching this top for this blog post, I realized that this exact version is NO LONGER available at Target. The new version has a drawstring bottom, but otherwise, is still fairly similar to the ‘No Limits’ tank:
1. PRO: The design USED to be nearly identical, but is now similar enough to make me consider buying it. The two major differences: a drawstring bottom and placement of the tank top attachment to the bra.
2. PRO: The Target version also has the peek-a-boo action that so many women love:
3. PRO: The length, much like the Lululemon version, is great for wearing low at your hips, or at your waist for a slouchier fit:
4. The price is so amazingly affordable! Each top is priced at no more than $22.99! Give me 3!
AND!! These tops (among other items at Target) are currently buy one, get one 50% off! Even better!! #winning 😀
So what’s wrong with the Target top?? Sigh, the support leaves much to be desired. I did have to wear another bra underneath to get the support I wanted/needed, which really defeats the purpose and design of the top, in my opinion. One thing to consider is sizing down. So if you normally wear a ‘large’, perhaps consider wearing a ‘medium’ instead? Definitely worth trying!
In general, both tops have decent quality. I didn’t notice a huge difference in the quality of the fabric, nor in their ability to absorb sweat. The two are really neck and neck in terms of looks, quality, and design. My one complaint about the Target top, was – as I mentioned before – the support. But at $22.99, you can afford to buy a $9.99 thin-strapped C9 by Champion for Target sports bra to wear underneath, still save money by not spending the $64 on a the Lululemon version, and call it a day. 😉
Le sigh. But, ‘I can’t stop thinking about the Lululemon version’, you say. ‘All the cool girls are wearing the Lululemon ‘No Limits’ tank’, you say. If you HAVE to have it, then eBay is the place for you. That’s where I got my second ‘No Limits’ tank, prior to finding the Target version, but after getting hooked on the original ‘No Limits’ tank I got for Christmas!
I only paid $18 for this tank and it was barely used! A quick search on eBay just now shows that there are some very affordably-priced ‘No Limits’ tanks in pre-owned condition! This one I found is currently priced at $9.99 and only has 2 days left for the auction. There are lots of others like this one too!
So, now that you are able to make an informed decision, I hope that you will buy which ever version floats your boat, so long as you get up, get fit, and get active! Chic and fit!!
Feel free to comment below if you have any thoughts on these tops, my review, or simply if you think I may have missed something important. Otherwise, come say hello on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter! 🙂