Disclosure: I partnered with the Hilton Sandestin Golf Resort and Spa for this post, however all opinions are my own.
Let me begin by saying that this past weekend was nothing short of a fairy tale. The Hilton Sandestin Golf Resort and Spa in Miramar Beach, FL invited me, and several other bloggers, to stay at the hotel and while there, attend South Walton Fashion week. This was my first major invite as a blogger and man, did I feel like the blogger version of Cinderella!! The invitation alone was super exciting, not to mention the slew of activities planned for us. Here are a few moments I caught on camera from this past weekend:
- View from my hotel balcony. The weather was PERFECT!!
2. Outfit of the night for the first night of South Walton Fashion Week. Dress is old from Forever 21 (similar here), clutch is vintage, earrings by J Crew (similar here) and bangles from multiple shops (see pic below).
3. Outfit of the day for brunch with bloggers at the Pearl Hotel hosted by Willow Boutique for their “Willow Loves Fashion” event. Dress by Gray Monroe. Bangles by Sweettea Jewels, Ellies Sparkles, Gleeful Peacock, and Shop Chic Society. Earrings by Lotus Boutique, but old so similar here. Sunglasses courtesy of Schaeffer Eye Center in Hoover, AL. They are Barton Perreira.
4. View from brunch at the Pearl Hotel. Doesn’t it have such a european feel?? LOVE.
6. Outfit of the night for day 2 of South Walton Fashion Week. This dress was only $14 from SheIn.com! Link to dress is here. Earrings are by Lisi Lerch. Snake bracelet is by Rachel Zoe (similar here and here) and the clutch is vintage (similar here).
7. Late dinner at Seagar’s. BEST MEAL EVER!! SO amazing. You must add this to your bucket list. It is an experience.
8. One of the many dishes and courses during dinner at Seagar’s.
9. Day 3 started out with a massage at the Serenity by the Sea Spa. Photo by Hilton Sandestin.
10. Outfit of the day for day three of South Walton Fashion Week at the Hilton Sandestin. Jewelry by Gleeful Peacock.
11. Hubby got to play golf too! This was taken at the Links at Sandestin right across the street from the Hilton Sandestin.
12. The family joined me on Day 3 for some family fun at the Hilton Sandestin resort. They all loved it and a day and a half later, we got on the road and headed home.
The trip started out with a super early morning flight to Panama City, FL where a driver was waiting to drive me to the Hilton Sandestin. A short 45 minute drive later, I arrived at the newly renovated resort. The first thing you see when you walk into the lobby is…the BEACH! Yes, beach view from the lobby of the hotel. So amazing. I went up to my room and was greeted by a spacious open suite. There were two queen beds, a set of bunk beds, one hallway sink, a bathroom with another sink, and an open air balcony overseeing the beach. I was beyond impressed. I had 10 minutes to freshen up and went back down to the balcony to be escorted to brunch at Roux 30A. Guess who I met? Amanda Valentine from Project Runway season 11!! She was SOOOOO sweet!
After lunch, I went back to the resort for a quick workout, some work, and then prep for the press conference preceding the first fashion show of the weekend. The press conference included some of the designers and stylists participating in the shows. I was accompanied by a number of other bloggers, including my new sweet friend Laura Lee of Walking in Memphis in High Heels. It’s interesting, you know, to meet people in person after following them on social media. Some are not what you expect them to be. Others, like Laura, exceed your expectations! If you get a chance, you should definitely check her out. 🙂 The group of bloggers was treated to apps and drinks at Cantina Laredo before the show began at 7pm. The show consisted of local boutiques and emerging designers. A fun night in all!! I was back in my room by 10pm that evening and out like a baby soon there after.
Day 2 started out with mimosas and donuts at the Pearl Hotel hosted by Willow Boutique for their “Willow Loves Fashion” event, followed by a super fun arts and crafts activity at The Shard Shop on 30A! A quick workout, some more work, and then off to the shows we went again! Day 2’s fashion show was very similar to Day 1. More local shops and additional emerging designers. We ended the day with a four-course meal at Seagar’s. Friends, if you are ever in the area, be sure to make time to stop and eat at this restaurant. It is fine dining at its finest!! Best steak ever!!! Hands down.
Day 3. Final day of South Walton Fashion week. I started off with a walk on the beach with Starbucks in hand. This was my first time on the beach because the preceding days had all been so busy! The sand on Miramar Beach is SOOOOO soft and white! The water is also super clear. Not too cold this time of year, either. In all, a super pleasant beach experience. My walk was followed by a 1-hour experience at the Serenity Spa where I got a much needed massage. Sitting at a desk all day can wreak havoc on your muscles! SO, a massage it was. The timing was perfect too, because as soon as I was done with my massage, my family arrived to join me for the weekend. And you know there is no rest when kids are around! I attended the final fashion show that evening which, again, featured local shops and stores, along with my favorite emerging designer of the weekend Tara Skelley of Dilettante Collection. Her show was AMAZING!!! Best of SWFW. Amanda Valentine closed the show with her edge, punk line; perfect for the woman looking to dress on the edge! Her line was also great!
We spent the next day and a half relaxing at the resort. The kids loved it and my hubby even got to play golf! In all, it was an unforgettable trip.
I promise you will thoroughly enjoy your stay at the Hilton Sandestin Golf Resort and Spa. The resort is newly renovated, with bunk beds in the suites should you need them for your family vacation! You can read more about the Hilton Sandestin on their website, but know that I give them my highest recommendation. Definitely a vacation spot you must put on your lists of places to stay when in the Destin/South Walton area.
Finally, Hilton Sandestin has agreed to offer the following promotion to the readers of Chic in Academia!!
“Fashion Blogger’s Exclusive” Getaway
– 20% off our Best Available rate
– Complimentary breakfast for two daily
– 20% off Serenity Spa services
Good now until February 29th with certain blackout dates applicable and subject to availability
Must call hotel to reserve and a 2 night minimum is required
RATE CODE “FB” and tell them you are a Chic in Academia reader!
Please let me know if you decide to take advantage of this promotion. I’d be happy to share even more about my experience at the resort and else where in the area. Happy travels!
Until next time! Stay ‘Chic’!
All photos taken with Verizon LG G4.